My Top 10 Films Of 2023

Over the course of this year, I have watched, and reviewed, 14 films released in 2023, three fewer than last year. The Top 10 films in 2022 ranged from The Batman (90%) to Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (62%).

Below is the list of the Top 10 films I have watched this year.

The films that failed to make the Top 10 include Nyad, Beau Is Afraid, Napoleon and Asteroid City.

In 2023, I was very much looking forward to new films from Ari Aster, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, David Fincher and Ridley Scott. Whilst, Ari Aster, Ridley Scott and Wes Anderson failed to deliver, Christopher Nolan didn't. In July I wrote, "In a summer when mediocrity is fast becoming the acceptable norm, Oppenheimer towers above the competition."


Update: Unfortunately one day too late for inclusion in my Top 10 Films of 2023, but with a rating of 72%, John Wick: Chapter 4 would have easily secured a spot on the list.

Comments